29 March 2013

Blogging From A to Z Challenge

Blogging From A to Z Challenge

I noticed the A to Z challenge on twitter and thought it would be a great way to encourage myself to get out a blog most days for a month. So I will be blogging in April on the theme of genealogy. When the theme can relate to a family story then I will try to make a connection but otherwise I will just talk on a relevant topic. I have included below some of the explanantion of how the A to Z challenge works if anyone else wants to join me.
"Most of you are probably familiar with Sue Grafton and her best selling series of detective novels known as the "Alphabet Series" that started in 1982 with "A" Is For Alibi up to her most recent "V" Is For Vengeance". She has made a franchise with the series and there have been other authors who have taken similar approaches. This Blogging From A to Z Challenge is in the same vein.
But perhaps even better than the fun, will be the usefulness of the exercise. Several times I've read where bloggers said they couldn't think of anything to blog about. Writers often engage in exercises which involve prompts, or suggestions for topics. There are books, blogs, and websites devoted to providing prompts to be used as topic ideas. Using the letters of the alphabet you can just think up words for each letter and pick one to write about. If you're still stumped scan a dictionary or encyclopedia. Come on!--the prompts are everywhere."

Whilst I have family history ideas for many of the letters of the alphabet I must admit that I am stumped on more than one or two. For example J, Q or X. So if you have any ideas on genealogical topics for any of the letters of the alphabet please let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Hello. I'm afraid I can't help you with those letters, but good luck with this challenge :)

    ReplyDelete